We recognise that Bravissimo, being a national brand, local employer and socially responsible company, can make a significant difference to a range of good causes, both large and small.
Over the years we've supported a number of charities which are involved with women and their boobs – such as Breakthrough Breast Cancer and Coppafeel – and we've sent bras to Africa via the Thare Machi Education Charity. In contrast, we've also supported other charities such as World Vision, Changing Faces and The Anthony Nolan Trust. Our employees also like to get involved in supporting Red Nose Day, Children in Need and other nationwide charity days.
Following employee feedback we introduced a National Charity to provide a focus for the whole company to fundraise for - voted for by employees.
We supported our first ever national charity, Tommy’s, and raised over £32,000, smashing our target of £10,000.
We supported The Eve Appeal and again raised well over £30,000 to support Eve’s cause.
We supported Mind and raised nearly £18,000 to support their cause, which the company decided to top up to make a total donation of £25,000 to Mind.
Our employees have chosen Refuge as their national charity partner and we continue to support them in 2016.
Our stores, warehouse and head office will be fundraising and continue to do so in many different ways, for example with cake stalls, bake offs, dress up or dress down days, sponsored runs, hikes and skydives.
We also support Refuge through our in-store bra recycling scheme. You can recycle your old bras in whatever condition they’re in by popping them in the recycling bins in-store. For every kg we receive we’ll donate £0.70 to Refuge. The bras that are donated are all then recycled for good use. Those which are in a useable condition go directly to developing countries across the world. Those bras which cannot be used in their entirety are broken down into parts which are again recycled into new items. We will accept any bras in any condition - simply pop them into the recycling bins in store.
As a significant local employer we also support a range of local charities in Leamington Spa and the surrounding areas. Our employee charity committee looks out for local charity events we could support and encourages employees to nominate local causes too. Here are some of the charities we’ve supported:
- We've donated money to 9th Warwick Scouts to help fund a camping trip.
- We've given money to Hillclose Garden towards a wooden potting shed.
- We've given money to the Helen Ley Care Centre to help provide care and support for people with MS.
- We've donated to the Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre to help pay for counselling for victims.
- We've donated money to the Aylesford Unit at Warwick Hospital towards a new emergency room.
- We've given money to various local schools, nurseries and playgroups for play equipment and books.
- We've given money to the Riding for the Disabled Association.
- We supported Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance with a donation.
- We've given a donation to Leamington Chamber Orchestra.