Last updated: 3rd June 2014
Here at Bravissimo we're totally committed to respecting your privacy. Like any other retailer, we collect personal information about you when you shop on our websites, and we want to be clear about how and why we do this, and the steps we take to protect it.
The following policy relates to Bravissimo Ltd, encompassing the "Bravissimo" and "Pepperberry" brands and their respective websites, bravissimo.com and pepperberry.com. We are registered with the ICO as a data controller under the Data Protection Act (registration number Z5997078). Please read this page carefully as your use of our websites indicates your consent for us to use your details in the ways described below.
We may occasionally need to amend this policy from time to time, so you may like to check this page periodically to ensure you are up to date.
Information we collect about you
The information we collect is used for fulfilling orders, processing payments, customising your website experience and communicating with you about products, services and other news from Bravissimo Ltd that we think may interest you. Whilst we will always contact you about important matters relating to your order or account, we will not send you any marketing information if you have asked us not to (you can opt-out within My Account).
We collect the following personal details about you:
- Email address
- Contact number (in case we need to talk to you about your order or account)
- Billing address
- Delivery address
- Limited credit card details (see the Security section below)
- Optional demographics such as your age range, height range and size - but only with your explicit consent (e.g. when supplied as part of a product review). You do not have to supply this information in order to shop with us.
We may also collect additional information during your visit:
- Details about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser and screen size)
- Navigation and browsing activity (e.g. how often you access our website, which products you view, items in your bag, the point you left our website)
- Information from cookies or tracking beacons (e.g. to help us understand how you came to visit our site and whether you made a purchase)
For more information about ways you can opt-out of some of these processes, please see our cookie section.
We will never sell or transfer your details to third parties for marketing purposes. However, there are occasions where we may need to share some of your information with carefully selected third parties acting as our agents. Reasons for this include the following:
- To meet essential operational needs whilst fulfilling your order (such as payment processing, fraud detention, data validation)
- To monitor performance and security
- To conduct research and analysis
- To facilitate delivery of a prize should you enter a competition (but only with your explicit consent)
- Where necessary to comply with regulations or law enforcement, or to protect our property and other rights.
In all cases, we will endeavour to share the minimum amount of information necessary to fulfil the task at hand.
We also use Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising, including Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. This provides us with anonymous aggregated data that we use to shape our services around our users' interests. Google provides an Ads Settings feature to allow you to opt out of this, and a browser add-on to allow you to opt out of all Google Analytics data collection.
Please note that Bravissimo is an "omni-channel" retailer - this means that all of our channels (web, in-store and telephone) are built on the same system. This enables our staff in stores and in Customer Services to see all the information you have entered online and also allows you to see all the orders and information they have entered on your behalf.
Access to your personal information
Most of the personal information we hold about you is visible within the My Account section of our website where you are able to make changes at any time. If there is any information that you are unable to change, or you wish to know more about the data that we hold about you, you can contact our Customer Services team and discuss this with us.